Th!nk Ox Electric Car For the Masses
After receiving some construction feedback from my blog reader, I have decided to dig deeper on the world electric car manufacturers.
I did some research on the company Think North America or Th!nk North America. My first visit to Think web site, I noticed a few of their electric car range. They were funny looking and do not seem to have the sex appeal of a Tesla Roadster.
But then I saw their upcoming model, the Think Ox. I wander why the marketing division of Think named it after an animal.
Apart from its name, the Ox does have some appealing features:
1) The electric car can travel 125 and 155 miles before needing a recharge.
2) It can accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in about 8.5 seconds which is pretty awesome.
3) Its lithium-ion batteries can be charged to 80% capacity in less than an hour.
4) A new Ox comes with GPS navigation.
5) Built in mobile Internet connection.
6) The selling price of the Ox has not been officially announced but the current Th!nk models are selling below $25,000.
Think will start promoting the Ox in the North America region in 2009. I think promoting an all [tag-tec]electric car[/tag-tec] to the market would be an uphill climb. However, Think can start by focusing on niche markets such as cities, universities, and fleets.
It will take some time before the idea of electric car for the masses takes off. It would be a good idea to target the early adopter of the market. If the product is excellent, they will spread it to the rest of the consumer.