Wrightspeed X1 Prototype High Performance Electric Vehicle
A few weeks back, I did a blog post on the Top Ten Electric Car Manufacturers in North America. Ninth on the list is Wrightspeed Inc. Wrightspeed has one of its own prototype [tag-tec]high performance electric vehicle[/tag-tec], the X1. Here are some of its amazing specs:
1) It can go 0-60 mph: 3.07 sec!
2) Weights 1536 lbs.
3) Uses a 3-phase AC induction motor and inverter.
4) The electric vehicle can go up to 112mph in 1st gear.
5) X1 Prototype cost: $150,000.00
The Wrightspeed X1 is not a production car. Based on its current electric vehicle technology, it is beating most of the top gasoline guzzling high performance cars in the market. Check out the video below where the X1 leaves behind a Ferrari Modena and a Porche Carrera GT eating dust.
Check out also related blog posts below:
- Wrightspeed "SR-71" will deliver 0-60 in 2.5 seconds
- wrightspeed x1
- Wrightspeed X1
- G Word Video: Electric Race Car
– Ian Wright is a name familiar to many electric car enthusiasts as the man who turned an Ariel Atom into the Ferrari-beating Wrightspeed X1 prototype. It’s been a while since we’ve heard from Mr. Wright, who has been working on …
– ian wright’s wrightspeed x1 could be hitting showrooms at around the same time. no word yet on pricing or availability, but these sweet rides are definitely generating some buzz. according to the faqs, the wrightspeed may be recharged …
– Many people have heard of the Tesla electric roadster, but there’s another fast electric car around the San Francisco bay area too: the Wrightspeed X1. Unlike the Tesla, the X1 is still a one-of-a-kind proof of concept vehicle that is …
– Sometimes being green means compromising performance or cutting back on power. However, this is not at all the case with the X-1 Prototype, a concept electric race car designed and built by Ian Wright.