5 Electrifying Facts about the Mini Electric Vehicle
If you are an electric car enthusiast, here are 5 facts about the [tag-tec]BWM Mini Electric Car[/tag-tec]:
1) The Mini is be powered by a 150 kW (204 hp) electric motor fed by a high-performance rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
2) Battery range is more than 240 kilometers, or 150 miles.
3) The Mini electric drive train produces a peak torque of 220 Newton meters that delivers seamless acceleration to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 8.5 seconds.
4) Top speed is 152 km/h (95 mph).
5) 500 Mini electric will only be made available to select private and corporate customers as part of a pilot project in the US states of California, New York and New Jersey.
The Mini E Car all electric will be unveiled on the L.A. Auto Show from November 19-30 2008.
Are you wandering how a BMW Mini all electric car sounds like? If you watched [tag-tec]The Jetsons[/tag-tec] cartoon, the Mini sounds just like the flying vehicles in the show. Check out the video below.