5 Electrifying Facts about the Mini Electric Vehicle
If you are an electric car enthusiast, here are 5 facts about the [tag-tec]BWM Mini Electric Car[/tag-tec]:
1) The Mini is be powered by a 150 kW (204 hp) electric motor fed by a high-performance rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
2) Battery range is more than 240 kilometers, or 150 miles.
3) The Mini electric drive train produces a peak torque of 220 Newton meters that delivers seamless acceleration to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 8.5 seconds.
4) Top speed is 152 km/h (95 mph).
5) 500 Mini electric will only be made available to select private and corporate customers as part of a pilot project in the US states of California, New York and New Jersey.
The Mini E Car all electric will be unveiled on the L.A. Auto Show from November 19-30 2008.
Are you wandering how a BMW Mini all electric car sounds like? If you watched [tag-tec]The Jetsons[/tag-tec] cartoon, the Mini sounds just like the flying vehicles in the show. Check out the video below.
The BMW Mini Electric Car
As I was surfing the web, I came across a really cool blog post. It’s titled Mini E – Coolest Electric Car Yet? After I have read the post, I could not resist but to go to Youtube and look for BMW Mini electric car videos. I found one below. It’s a reporter from Forbes magazine test driving the Mini electric.
If I were to own an electric car, the BWM Mini electric would be my ideal selection. It is compact which I really like. It has style…it has everything. My dream electric car!