Tesla Motors Unveiled the New Model S Electric Car
The been a lot of excitement lately in the [tag-tec]electric car[/tag-tec] industry. Tesla Motors has unveiled their new sedan electric car, the Model S. Check out the video below:
Here are some facts about the Model S:
1) Weight: 4000 pounds
2) Top speed: 120 mph
3) 0 – 60 in less than 5.6 seconds. The Tesla Roadster 0 – 60 is less than 4 secs
4): Mileage per charge: There are actually 3 types of Model S. Each has different mileage per battery charge. The ranges are 160 miles, 230 miles and 300 miles.
5) Battery charging time: 45 minutes
6) Seating Capacity: 5 adults and 2 children
7) Electric Car Cost: The basic model is selling at $49,000.00
8) Delivery date: Some time in 2011. All depend whether Tesla Motors can secure funding for the production.